Red on the Moon Banner

Red on the Moon Banner

Monday 11 August 2014

Leona is in the house!!!



Please give a very warm welcome to Leona Bushman!

Hi everyone!! *waves ecstatically*

Thank you for having me on your blog again! I'm here today with my art. I've taken many art classes, but it's been years and years, and I've been out of practice. This year, I renewed my commitment to my arts—painting, quilting, sewing, crocheting, writing, oil pastels, soft pastels, etc. as well as adding in a new one, designing fabric.
And what a rush it has been!! Throughout time, I try all sorts of styles. Some successful, some not so successful... LOL I have two styles now: Impressionist expressionist, and palette knife a la Georgia O'Keeffe. Love a lot of different types of art, but these seem to be the ones I can do successfully.
Anyway, today, we travel to Australia. The painting, Waves of Feeling is done en plein aire, meaning I did it on site, rather than in a studio. It's found a lovely home, as you'll see here, as it watches over the sleep of whomever graces the bed in Melbourne.

 






As you can see, it's very impressionistic as well as expressionist. It's a popular painting with my fans.
Here's another pic of it:



And a close up shot of the waves:


I sell my art, but I've given many away. Here's one I gave to a cancer walk for survivors:



Where My Art Roams is the first of what I hope to be many virtual walkabouts. I'm taking you on a tour of my paintings that I have given away and sold. From Australia to Washington, to Scotland, and places in between, I will show you the paintings in their new homes.
Next Stop is August 14th, and I'll be taking on this next leg of the journey on my blog, www.lbushman.blogspot.com You will find that a lot of my friends are writers :D And some of them are also artists, like myself!

And an Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LBushmanStudios

You can follow me on twitter: @L_Bushman

My blog where I share my writing journey and post some of my artwork is here: http://www.lbushman.blogspot.com/
(LOL as I just said above :S)

Do you have a favorite artist? From past and present? I love the impressionists, notably, Monet, Renoir, and Van Gogh (I hated Van Gogh during art classes...learned to like him as I was exposed to more of his work J ), Georgia O'Keefe, a lot of Dutch artists, particularly Jan Van Eyck, and his painting, Arnofini Wedding. Modern day includes Russ Potak and Jennifer Beaudet. Okay, anyone who comments, can PM me on FB and get 50% off any artwork they'd like! Also, will provide an ACEO (2.5 x 3.5 inches) if I get 20 comments or more on today's blog. Open to USA, UK, and Canada J



No comments:

Post a Comment